Monday, November 22, 2010

Coulda Woulda Shoulda

 
Hindsight is always 20 20 as it allows you to learn from your mistakes. Lately I've had a lot of time to reflect back over my life. Yesterday is history. I can't undo anything that has happened or didn't happen for me. Today the decisions I make will determine my tomorrow. So here are my coulda, woulda, shoulda list.

Coulda
I coulda been more persistent.
I coulda taken more chances.
I coulda made better choices.
I coulda been more assertive.
I coulda spoke up for myself.

Woulda
I woulda completed more if I didn't procrastinate.
I woulda achieved more if I believed in myself.
I woulda lived more if I wasn't living to please others.
I woulda implemented my great ideas if I wasn't a perfectionist.
I woulda been motivated if depression didn't consume me.

Shoulda 
I shoulda took the time to love me.
I shoulda did the things that made me happy.
I shoulda had more self-confidence.
I shoulda had a daddy who loved, affirmed and protected me.
I shoulda had a husband who was not abusive.

 I live with no regrets. I am who I am because of all my life experiences. I believe that with all my  
gifts, talents ,faults, shortcomings, and idiosyncrasy, I'm still a good person with a lot to offer.

Queen of Hearts

1 comment: