Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bitch Please!

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.~ George Santayana

The other day I received an email from an ex-girlfriend. It said,"Your birthday is fast approaching. I can't help but think of you. Sorry I hurt your feelings and I only hope that we are past that by now. I would love to celebrate your birthday, before-during or after. My number is still the same. I forgot yours."

Really? Are you fucking serious?  My last words to her were, "BITCH lose my number and don't ever call me again. Forget you knew me and if you see me on the street look the other way."


What makes you think I would want to go through all that bullsh*t with you again. You are my ex for a reason. Never again, not in this life or the one to come. I will spare the details surrounding the relationship because they are not important. There are two sides to every story.
Looking back and remembering the old times through rose colored lens everything was all good.  As you allow time to pass you forget the bad things and remember only the good times. You begin to think about your ex and the history you share how you know each other so well. You begin to think she wasn't so bad maybe we can pick up where we left off. Familiarity feels so good.

Consider why you broke up.  Would you do it again? Why are you thinking about your ex now?  What triggers these thoughts? Is it because you are in a rut? Lonely? Depressed? You can't move on? Remember because you are in love, does not mean the feeling is mutual. Your ex may have moved on.


It can be extremely difficult to stay away from someone you once loved. Just remember when you go back to your ex there will be a honeymoon period. Then old habits will resurface. Their annoying behaviors, bad character traits, snoring, laugh, past hurts or whatever you couldn't stand about them before will still be there.  You may regret going back and being forced to relive past pain.

You are not obligated to return any phone calls, texts, or emails to your ex.  It is best not to start talking or hanging out with them lest you fall back into old habits. You start talking regularly, you are invited to lunch, dinner, weekend get -away, then spending the night at each others place, and soon you are back into a relationship.

Don't expect a reply to your email or a telephone call. I'm glad you lost my number so you won't be texting me or leaving me pathetic messages on my telephone.  You remain kicked to the curb, down the drain and into the sewer.

Forgiveness has set me free. I am not mad nor angry. I have chosen not to revisit that closed chapter in my life.  I respect myself and realized what I want and it does not include you. "Bitch"

Queen of Hearts

1 comment:

  1. I used to always say that this train goes forward, it don't go back.

    You're right, people are ex's for a reason and it's best to remember why. Although I do believe in forgiveness........not always though.

    ReplyDelete