Tuesday, August 17, 2010

D - I - V - O - R - C - E


Divorce

Sometimes things don't work and you have to go your separate ways. It is never just one persons fault when a marriage ends. Each party has to take responsibility for their part in why the marriage didn't work. It's a daunting task because no wants the blame placed on them.

During my divorce, I created a song. Well, just a couple of lines sung in the tune of "Respect" by Aretha Franklin.
D - I - V - O - R - C - E ~ Find out what it means to me.
D - I - V - O - R - C - E ~ So glad to be set free.
I actually sang that song and did a little jig right after the court clerk signed my divorce papers.

My DIVORCE Acronym
A recipe for ending a marriage

D - Division - A house divided can not stand. Two people have to be in agreement for it to work.

I - Infidelity - You were unfaithful. Everyone knew but me.

V- Vision - We had dreams for our future. Somewhere we lost focus. Without a vision the marriage dies.

O- Other people, places and things became more important than the one you left behind.

R- Respect - Our vows were not appreciated. I was no longer deserving of your love.

C- Communication- The connection was broken- You wouldn't open your mouth. I was tired of being a dentist.

E - Emotional distress- I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking anymore.

Queen of Hearts


No comments:

Post a Comment