Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Joy of Being a Grandmother



I'm going to be a grandma for the fifth time. Soon a new baby girl will be added to our three generation family.

I was present during the birth of each of my grandchildren. Each experience just exciting as the first. After nine months of waiting, you finally get to see, hold and love the masterpiece GOD has created.

It's amazing to me how GOD can take the genes of both parents, which includes genes from generations past, and create a little person that looks like someone in the family from the past and present.

When I was pregnant with my children, I asked GOD if he would skip the flat feet gene and not pass it on to my children. Well, GOD has a funny sense of humor, and HE let me know who is large and in charge. Not only did GOD bless all my children with flat feet he gave all my grandchildren flat feet also. I guess artist are sensitive about their creations.

The best part of being a grandmother is spending time with the grandchildren, spoiling them, getting lots of hugs, kisses and then hearing those magic words, "bye Nana."

I love my grandchildren immensely, flat feet and all.

Queen of Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment