Friday, August 20, 2010

Prayer Warrior

I rely on prayer. Prayer brings me peace. I pray to God, who is called by many names and worshiped in many ways. I thank God for my prayer time, quiet, time, praise time and grateful time.

Some have called me a prayer warrior and even stated, "I wish I could pray like you." The key to prayer is simplicity. You don't have to impress God will a large vocabulary or long memorized prayers. God has instructed us to pray without ceasing. Short, simple, powerful prayers. You can pray while you eat, walk, drive, work, or stand in line at the store.

I believe that God hears and answers prayers no matter where you are. The answer may not always come when you want. But the answer always comes in God's time.

Recently, I was blessed to move into my own apartment. It is not located in the best neighborhood. In conversations with my new neighbors I was told about the negative things that went on before I moved in. I prayed the prayer of binding and loosing Matthew 16:19.

"God, I thank you for my new apartment you blessed me with.
I pray that you bless this apartment building and every family that lives in it.
I loose joy, peace and harmony among the neighbors. Bless them with what they need.
I loose Angels to encamp around this building protecting us from all danger.
I bind drive by shootings, gang violence, drug dealing, prostitution, and domestic violence.
I thank YOU God it is done, in Jesus Name. Amen."

There have been no problems and I don't expect any.

When I open my eyes in the morning, the first thing I say is "Thank you God for another day."
I'm in constant communication with God from the time I wake up, all throughout the day and in the evening when I go to bed. If I am out at the store and can't find parking, I will pray, "God I thank you for a parking space," and one will open up for me. In business matters, I will pray," GOD please give me favor in this situation," and it is turned in my favor. These are examples of short simple prayers that I have prayed in addition to my regular prayer time with GOD.

I don't want it to appear that I am not challenged in prayer. Sometimes I get impatient and wonder why things are taking so long. I try to help GOD out by trying to do it my way and make things worse. I also have to sometimes pray," GOD, please forgive me any for doubt, unbelief, impatience or wavering in faith." I am human.

Occasionally, you may find it difficult to give thanks when you are going through tough times, financially or physically. Pray to God ask for the things you need. Then thank GOD as though you have already received the things you need. God will provide.

Thank you GOD for another blog post. I pray these words will encourage all who read it. May they continue to pray until you answer.


Queen of Hearts



No comments:

Post a Comment