Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Golden Life


I love living alone. There is peace. My things are where I left them. I don't have to look at, be bothered with or listen to another human being. Just me, myself and I. It's wonderful to be with myself and my own thoughts.

Yes, I am an introvert. Some people (mainly those who don't REALLY know me) have a problem with it. I'm not a person who visits (unless invited) and I don't hang out much.

I can be a social butterfly when I want to. I enjoy going to the movies, plays, dinner, parties (i.e. birthday, card, naughty, Tupperware, pampered chef, etc.) but only when I want to.

I have close friends I've known for over 20 years. We don't talk everyday or hang out all the time. But, I would do anything for them and vice- versa no hesitation, day or night.

People who want to befriend me, get angry when I don't want to hang out or decline an invitation to their function. That's because they don't know me. Later I hear that I am stuck-up, anti-social, funny style, a bitch or I think that I am too good. Wrong!

It's not that I don't want to hangout or don't appreciate your invitation. I don't want to hangout with anyone. When I do have the need to socialize and be around other people, I pick and choose the events I want to attend.

I am alone by choice.

Queen of Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment